• Announcements

• jwgamesuk

New Games   12/02/17

Galaxy Gaming has expanded!
      We now have a DayZ and Minecraft server, connection details can be found in the "Our Servers" list
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
old_naff

Here's the sum up. Hide and Seek

15 posts in this topic

Hello, here's kind of everything I found so far on the Hide and Seek server...

1. Some maps don't have enough spawns, resulting in 2 or more hiders spawning inside a seeker and are unable to get out. (anti-stuck system / adding some additional spawns) The anti-stuck system tends to f*** up props, so carefull if you are planning something like that.

2. Pushing is kind of unneccessary, tends to annoy people more than actually do something good. People are pushing eachother around, even from the spots. The one thing I like about it are the boosts eventho they may be too powerfull.

3. I feel like tripple and quad jumps are a little gamebreaking (yes you can get out of the map where noone can get you or find you), as you need very little teamwork with triple jump and none with quad. With double jump you could still be able to get places, but with some teamwork. I guess I am not alone who thinks that way. I personally sold my tripple boost because I think it's just unfair against people who come and try the server for the first time or just don't play enough to have the tripple jump, so I just play default jumps and I still win as a hider without getting out of the map or whatever.

4. Some maps like peaches castle or waterworld are maybe cool for people with jump boosts, ex. peaches castle quad jump / triple with teamwork to get to top of the tower where noone else can catch you afterwards, ex. waterworld where you hop around the ceiling.

5. Too few maps in my oppinion and maybe little too high time of the round on few maps like bangclaw, downtown.. I feel like the maps are getting overplayed and I am aware that you guys will be adding some maps soon (just pointing that out). The timers may really be high tho, I get you want to give seekers a chance, but on maps like bangclaw, where you just can't check everything, it's useless.

6. Little activity from staff, if I get back to the 2. topic, I was informed by Shadow2hel that I should report the people who do that, but what you should understand, is that there's too many people doing this. I feel like staff could be more active as they should've known about the activity as a mod. (noone says you NEED to be there for the whole day, but from time to time you could come and "clean up some mess")

7. Any way you could turn sv_airaccelerate to 100? ^^

8. And maybe more slot for accessories, as it becomes impossible to have ex. midget, triple jump, and that ++++++ effect

Anyway, this is my sum up of the things I noticed (maybe I forgot something, if so I shall make a new thread). DO NOT take some of the things I said as an attack on your server or the system you have here, I am just pointing out MY OWN oppinion (except of topic number 3).

Take care, naff.

1. Actually already working on that

2. I'm split on this, might put a cooldown on it or something

3. Nope, I like these, they're staying ;)

4. See above. I think you can get around most (if not all) of the ceiling) with double jump if you're careful

5. Working on it, most maps are not good for the number of players we get and the multi jumps

6. Working on that too....

7. Maybe

8. Again maybe. I think I'd have to edit pointshop and edit every accessory to be allowed to use in the new slot. I'll look into it

also with maps is the requirement for all the custom textures, or for different source games

I try and only add maps that require gmod itself and CSS (because most maps use CSS)

I'll happily take any suggestions though

1 more thing, Is there a way to make the boost active / inactive with some button? or somehow make it so you can turn off the boost.

JWGamesUK' pid='1556' dateline='1495030815']

Jump boost? or sprint?

Jump boost, so you can do it without equipping / unequipping.

1 more suggestion, make it so killzones kill you during the seeker blind time? so when you fail a jump and you fall in the hole, it respawns you and you can still hide.

Ok I think I know why the spawn points aren't working, and it requires a very hacky workaround that I need to test first

ill think about the killzones :)

1 more suggestion, make it so killzones kill you during the seeker blind time? so when you fail a jump and you fall in the hole, it respawns you and you can still hide.

This is something that's coded in the gamemode itself, so we'll have to look into it :P.

1 more topic, sorry I forgot about this. The airdrops tend to glitch when you take an item that someone already took, you can't grab anything else.. Anything to be done about that? :o

Need the developer of that addon to update I'm afraid

i might go back to an older version, I think it worked better.

just not sure if it will work with the current version of pointshop