Programs for the Source engine used VTF-format sprays (Valve Texture File).
1. The best free converter in VTF is VTFEditor. Site: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?c=178
Link for download: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/files/files/vtfedit125-11.exe
2. Create image in "editor for photo". The size of the spray should be 256x256 pixels (large files are not accepted by the majority of servers).
3. Run the downloaded program VTFEdit:
4. Shoos File-->Import. And find your picture. VTFEdit supports the import of image file formats GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TGA, and DDS.
5. After selecting the image you should see:
just click "OK" do not change anything.
7. You will be moved to the main VTFEdit window in which to see the newly created and loaded spray. In the "Options" menu, select the "Auto Create VMT File" to the program along with the VTF-file is generated and VMT-file (spray description file). This will save you from having to manually import the spray in the game.
8. For HD image check the box next to Clamp S, Clamp T, Hint DXT5, No Mipmap, No Level Of Detail and No Minimum Mipmap:
9. Save your spray to disk, choose File-->Save. Copy: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials\vgui\logos" and paste in search.
Click "Save" to save ()
10. Play in Garry's Mod. Choose Options-->Multiplayer and find your spray